Sex therapy is a unique and specialized type of professional counseling which focuses on helping people address their concerns about sex. This includes issues such as:
- Non Consummation
- Low Desire or No Interest for Sex.
- Difficulty with getting aroused. (Lack of Lubrication OR Loss of Erection)
- Not able to reach orgasm.
- Pain during intercourse.
- Vaginismus (Vaginal spasms which make intercourse impossible).
- Erectile Dysfunction.
- Premature Ejaculation.
- Aversion to sexual activities
- Sexually compulsive behavior.
- Feelings of inhibition
- Retarded Ejaculation
- Unsatisfied Sex
- Infertility due to Sexual Problems
What We Do During Sex Therapy?
- Sexual activity is NEVER a part of Sex therapy sessions at Doctor's Office.
- Couples shall be prescribed with certain erotic exercises which they have to do at their home/privacy and NEVER at Doctor's Office
- In therapy sessions, we talk about couple's sexual health concerns.
- We will help the couple understand more about the sexual functioning and feelings, and help them for better relationship with sex.
Why Sex Therapy is done as Couple?
- It is a type of "Couples Therapy"
- It is mainly for the couples.
- The Sessions should be attended by both partners even though the perceived problem might be with one partner. (Eg For Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction & Premature Ejaculation, Wife also need to attend the sessions)
- Both partners have roles in the erotic exercises prescribed by the doctor
What are the goals of Sex Therapy?
- Adequate scientific knowledge about Sexuality for both partners
- Development of necessary Sexual Skills of both partners
- Positive Attitudinal Change of both partners
- Eliminating Performance anxiety & Fear of Pain during intercourse of both partners
How it can be done?
- Face to Face with the Doctor / Sex Therapist (Preferable)
- Online using Skype / Web Cam (Alternative Method)